Clothing Requirements for Activities at Black Rock
For All Activities
- Participants need to wear clothes that are comfortable, easy to move around in and items that you don’t mind getting a bit mucky. Clothing must cover the torso, upper arms and upper legs (no sleeveless tops, vest tops, low cut tops or short shorts).
- Avoid wearing anything which could get caught up in equipment. This would include long hair (tied back), long earrings, necklaces, baggy tops and the like.
- Sensible footwear is essential, this normally means trainers and for some activities wellies. Boots and trainers must be tied securely. No ʻopen toeʼ or ʻslip onʼ shoes. Laces must be tight.
- All of our activities are outside. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Pockets should be empty.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Many activities require specialist equipment, this will provided by Black Rock, if you have your own equipment, it will need to be inspected by a Black Rock instructor before use.
These are worn for most activities. Please arrive with clean hair and ensure that helmets are worn at all times.
All specialist equipment will be provided.
- Long sleeves are recommended.
- Trainers or wellies, if has been wet then wellies are best.
- Wellies or walking style boots that cover the ankle are essential.
- We will provide a caving oversuit, advance notice on your size is needed.
- Discuss any medication that needs to be with you with your instructor.
High Ropes, Tree Climbing, Rock Climbing and Abseiling
- Rings should be removed or covered over.
- Dangling jewellery should be removed or secured.
- Trainers are suitable.
- Loose clothing such as tracksuit bottoms and a sweat or rugby shirt. Other than that, dress for the weather with a waterproof top and sufficient warm clothing.
Kayaking, Canoeing and Raft Building
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting wet. Bring a complete change of clothing and a towel in case you fall in. This does include spare underwear and a spare jumper.
- Watershoes if you have them or something for your feet. We can provide water socks.
- Glasses sink, we can provide a strap for prescription glasses.
- Trousers are strongly recommended to prevent friction burns from the wheel.
- Long sleeves are advisable for comfort as you will be wearing elbow pads.
- A bottle of water.