Mountain Biking can be a session it’s own, lasting around 2.5 hours or can be full day activity, where you will travel further and see more. Mountain Biking is run in scenic locations around the Quantock Hills.
It is common to see lovely views on these rides and meet the local wildlife. All participants must be able to ride a bike and you will learn how to ride bike better. Understand your gears, control your bike safely up and down rough, exciting terrain.
Selected routes are on varied tracks and trails and include both uphill and downhill sections. Led by a qualified and experienced leader, the emphasis is on safe and enjoyable riding in controlled conditions.
Bikes with front suspension are supplied, together with helmets, which must be worn. Participants need to wear suitable clothing, to take into account the weather conditions. They will need to wear gloves and waterproofs are recommended.
Important Activity Information
- Gloves are essential, biking gloves are preferable but any kind will do.
- Sunglasses or clear glasses are advisable.
- Baggy trousers should be avoided or tucked into socks.
- Trainers would be ideal but avoid long laces.
- A bottle of water, a spare layer, snack and any medication in a bag to carry with you